Thursday, December 8, 2011

Apocalypse Pony!

Been doing some interesting reading on Facebook today.

I'm a little overwhelmed by how many of my intelligent, resourceful, educated and common-sense filled friends are more or less preparing for an economic apocalypse, a bloody revolution or a zombie plague.

No.  Really.

And the more I've been noticing the insanity happening around this country, the more I wonder if I should hop on their wagon, because things are getting scary.

Fire departments are letting houses burn down because the owners didn't pay a fee.  That is a perfect representation of the future with privatized-everything.  I am terrified.

Everyone seems to be talking about having access to clean water, farmable land and guns.  Lots of guns.

I am a pacifist.  I really am.

But if it came to war here?  I'll learn how to shoot a gun.  We're fortunate in that many of our relatives have guns and land, along with friends who I am certain would welcome us.  I'm good at the whole kid rearing thing overall and I'm a teacher at heart, and that would be useful for educating the next generation if it comes down to it.

I like to think that we're a long ways off from that place, but sometimes I really wonder.  I look at my sons face and wonder how long before things get much worse here.  All the signs are there.

I remain faithful, and hopeful, but I think I need to prepare for any possibility in order to protect my family.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment