Friday, March 12, 2010

TEASER TUESDAYS!

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page,

somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting

your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book

recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!


Here's mine from Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens. My first time reading it on recommendation from a friend. Liking it quite a bit so far, even if it is a little irreverent. Sometimes I think we need a little of that. So long as we're grounded in our own religion, and aren't doing anything terrible to one another, I don't see anything wrong with it. Anyway, here's my two sentences:

" In order to maintain his cover as a typical second-hand book seller, he used very means short of actual physical violence to prevent customers from making a purchase. Unpleasant damp smells, glowering looks, erratic opening hours -- he was incredibly good at it."


-- That's something I can relate too a little. I have a small book store on Amazon just to help ends meet when I have books I've finished, or when friends pass on their college textbooks to me to sell for them. Frequently there are books I would rather keep on my shelf then post. lol. Sometimes I consider describing them a little less then wonderfully in order to keep them a bit longer, hoping I'll have time to actually enjoy them. Usually just leaves to positive feedback for the book being in much better condition then described. ;)



What are your Tuesday reads? Would love to read 'em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment